What is LinkedIn?
If you have not heard of LinkedIn then you have either just stepped into the job market or are a complete fresher. Through LinkedIn, you can search for any jobs for any field of work. There is also a way for you to display your resume and experience in your chosen field.
Although LinkedIn is not just a website for job hunting and posting, it’s also a website where you can build connections. A place where you can gain notoriety in your chosen career path. It’s a great social networking platform that’s completely centered on furthering your professional ambitions.
How do you achieve success in your chosen career?
(With or without LinkedIn)
There really is no shortcut to success. If you want to be someone of importance then an equal amount of hard work has to be done in order to achieve the high position you are aiming for. Nothing that is of value ever comes easy in life, so to achieve success, you should be ready to shed buckets of sweat. Although there are some ways that could guide you in achieving your dreams. So here are some tips that can direct you in becoming successful in any chosen career:
Gaining the required educational credential: Any job requires the educational credential, so getting education credential is a must. Also, just educational credentials would not do, having the required knowledge and even niche knowledge about it is also crucial. You can connect or follow other professionals, this would lead to you having the opportunity to learn about the goldmine of any niche knowledge they might be privy to.
Expanding your knowledge: Willing to always learn, expand your knowledge, and better yourself is also a must in any part of your life but especially when you are trying to make a name for yourself in the job market. There are always new things that are being discovered and invented, keeping up with them is essential for anyone who wants to be an expert in their chosen field.
Making Connections: The last thing that you need is connections. For gaining knowledge, getting the right tools while working in the preferred career path or even getting the right job. Connections are important. Having the right connection can guide you towards achieving your dream job but of course, having talent and aptitude towards your career avenue is also imperative. And LinkedIn provides you with just that, the opportunity to get connections.
Searching for job opportunities: Job opportunities and chances are also important. It’s a great thing we have so many websites and apps that help in job searches no matter where you come from. These sites has made getting a job or an internship that much easier, with LinkedIn the search for jobs is simpler as a lot of them post job vacancies directly on their profiles, and matching your skillset with the job profile you are looking for is also pretty easy.
Keep trying and keep failing: There is no other way around it. If you try something for the first time then you are bound to fail at least once. However, when you do eventually fail, the thing you should remember is that you have to try again. The only way to gain experience is to keep on trying even when faced with failure. The hard work will eventually pay off.
How to build connections on LinkedIn?
LinkedIn although easy to maneuver, could become quite tricky for someone who is using it for the first time. There may be some etiquettes or functions that a lot of people won’t be aware of. Not everyone is a master of using LinkedIn and not everyone is aware of how to talk, post, and about finding the right connections. Building a decent network is a hard task especially if you are nascent and just starting out.
LinkedIn could be a step that could help you breach in your chosen career path but only if you know how to operate it and build connections on it. If you need a guide on how to build connections on LinkedIn then the following points will be of importance to you:
1. Be active on LinkedIn, have a regular schedule for posting. Make your presence in the right circles by contacting people through their DMs or participating in events. Talk to people and both spread and try to gain as much relevant knowledge as you can. Be known, that’s one of the most important things in achieving connections.
2. Keep reaching out and expanding your network, there is always hesitation in reaching out to new and unknown people but try not to feel that. it may be awkward to be the first to initiate contact but try to be the first one to contact.
3. Learn how to communicate properly with different individuals you will come in contact with. Each individual prefers a different tone while conversing. When conversing with a senior you should adopt a more respectful and refined tone whereas, when conversing with someone of your own age you can gain a more casual and friendly tone. You have to learn how to gauge the tone the person you are communicating with prefers.
4.Be sure to post inbound content, you have to showcase the knowledge that you have in your chosen field. If people know that you are competent only then you can get the right jobs and position you are aiming for.
5. Another thing you can do is connect with people with who are your mutual connections. Expand your reach and even talk to those who are not from the same industry, having contacts in every field is definitely something you should aim for. You can also fix calls and have a one-on-one direct conversation with your connections, this will give you more insights and strengthen your bond with your connections.
6. Recommend new talents and businesses in your posts or to your contacts. Promote the people in your network and be the one to discover and share their talents. The way to success is by sharing and discovering new talents. Recommending these nascent individuals will be good, not only for them as they will get offers but also because you will gain a connection that you can use later on.
7. Join LinkedIn groups and pages. This is a good way to let your presence be known and to connect to those who are in the same circles as you. Learn and stay updated on what is happening in the industry you work in.
When you are a novice and have just step into the cooperate world. No one tells you how important connections actually are. It’s something you have to learn by experience. What you are also not told is how to make connection either. Hopefully, you have gained more knowledge after reading this and can now begin you endeavor in gaining connection on LinkedIn.